Amazon's clicks of paying advertising (PPC) strategy can help sellers to increase brand awareness, increase product awareness, optimize the search engine results page display (SERP), and ultimately help to increase product sales. In addition, the seller's advertising settings need to handle many technical details, including ACOS, the number of exposure, the number of clicks, and the number of conversion times.
When Amazon sells a complete PPC strategy, the platform traffic will come one after another.
1. What is Amazon PPC?
Amazon PPC allows sellers to create and publish attractive advertisements. When users click on advertisements, advertisers need to pay for it. Sellers can freely design and change the advertising series to improve product sales and store profitability. Among them, the dynamic bid process determines the click fee.
Second, Amazon PPC basic term
• Keywords: also known as search words. It is a phrase entered by consumers using the Amazon search box to browse a specific product in the market. Through the high -correlation search keywords, merchants can improve their Amazon product Listing exposure and ranking.
• Display times: users check the number of advertisements on Amazon.
• Number of clicks: The number of times the user clicks the advertisement represents the number of clicks.
• CTR (click rate): The ratio of the number of clicks to the number of display times. For example, if a user clicks the advertisement set by the seller after the advertisement is displayed 100 times, the click rate is 1%.
• conversion rate: conversion rate is the proportion of sales accounted for the total number of clicks. Therefore, assuming that the advertisement placed by the seller has harvested 10 clicks, and four of which contribute to the actual transaction, the conversion rate is 40%.
• ACOS (advertising sales cost): Advertising sales cost is one of the most important criteria for determining the profit status of Amazon PPC advertising activities. This proportion is comparison of advertising costs and sales. Therefore, if the cost of the seller is $ 20 and the sales of $ 100, the ACOS is 20%.
• Roas (Advertising expenditure return): This indicator is used to measure the success of Amazon PPC activities. For example, if the cost of the seller is $ 20 and earns $ 100, then the Roas is 10: 2.
• CPC (per clicking fee): This indicator is used to help sellers calculate each click fee. When a user clicks the advertisement, the seller must pay the bid specified in the active manager of the seller center in Amazon.
• Automatic positioning: This function allows Amazon to automatically control the advertising configuration method in the background. This method is very suitable for novice sellers who have just started PPC advertising.
• Manual positioning: Unlike automatic positioning, sellers can change the advertising series settings. Whether it is a seller with Amazon PPC experience, or novices who want to test water on the platform, you can try. shipping forwarder
3. Amazon PPC advertising type
1. Commodity promotion (Sponsored Products)
Commodity promotion is an advertisement based on clicking on paid. You can display the advertisements put on the seller above, next to or internally on the Amazon search results, and you can also display it on the product page of the desktop and mobile model. When using product promotion advertisements, ASIN usually brings positive results, which not only increases the number of display times on Amazon product listing, but also improves consumers' views on the product.
2. Brand Brands
The type of advertisement only supports the use of brand registered in Amazon. For new brands and development brands, it is recommended to use brands to promote advertisements, because it can successfully improve the target audience's awareness of the brand.
3. Display promotion (sponsored displays)
Inside and outside the Amazon website, the type of advertisement can be put on. In addition, through its subsidiaries and third -party partner websites, Amazon can display advertisements on viewing, desktop and applications.
These three Amazon PPC advertising types are self -service, allowing sellers to edit advertisements and supervise advertising activities by themselves. Amazon does not interfere with advertising activities, and sellers can fully control the information that needs to be changed. For the characteristics of advertising type, the seller only needs to pay Amazon when consumers clicked on the advertisement they put on. Each click means that the bid is required. The higher the bid of the seller, the more likely the advertisement to appear in front of Amazon consumers.
Fourth, formulate a reasonable Amazon PPC advertising strategy
1. Preliminary research phase
At this stage, sellers need to comprehensively collect comprehensive information collection through many dimensions such as keyword research, audience analysis, product positioning, and market trends. Novice sellers can consider choosing long -tail keywords to match the user's inquiry intent and more easily cover the target audience. In addition, compared with short -tail keywords, such key phrases are more specific and search traffic is relatively small.
2. Test strategy
After full research, some sellers have tried to start trying their PPC strategies, and some novice sellers often seek suggestions from the qualified Amazon PPC management service provider.
When testing the search phrases, you can first choose the automatic positioning function, and then run at a low budget for a week. During this period, you can collect data to check whether specific keyword activities are successful. If it is successful, the seller can use this information to manually locate to make full use of relevant data. logistics
At the same time, the seller is recommended to set up three different advertising series, use different budget settings to set different bid standards, and use different creative keywords in all three groups to clearly understand which keywords are more suitable for related products through comparison effects.
3. Analysis results
Use key indicators including Roas and ACOS to check the effectiveness of advertising:
ROAS (Advertising expenditure return): Show the amount made by the seller's dollar spent on the advertisement.
ACOS (advertising sales cost): In order to get one dollars from allocation of sales, how much cost does the seller invest in advertising?
The analysis results and determine which marketing activities are effective in sale effectively with less marketing costs. Advertising activities with better effects can be appropriately increased, and poor performance activities can be selected to close. To ensure that Amazon accurately reflects data from Campaign Manager, sellers should monitor the results at least once a week.
4. Find out the appropriate strategy and reproduce the above steps
After the advertising series generates the results, the seller can repeat the strategy of success to increase the sales generated by other keywords. The keywords and pictures used in Amazon product Listing significantly affect the CPC results.
The competition on Amazon is too fierce, and the seller cannot rely on the quality of the product to generate sales, and the wine fragrance is still afraid of deep alleys. On the contrary, sellers need to rack their brains to enhance their attractiveness to attract customers in this crowded market.
Therefore, the Amazon PPC advertisement is the key to improving product exposure. Through careful research and planning and running related advertising activities, I believe you can gradually reduce advertising costs and increase product awareness and sales, thereby promoting business new development.